22nd Parallel have shifted to Jetalpur Road. they now have a bigger restaurant with more seats and crew to cater the bigger crowds 🙂 Food & Taste are better as always.
Bangs Chicken, Fatehganj – Average but an alternate for KFC (since KFC is yet to open here)
A few more additions to the restaurent lists:
That Place: Name is trendy and so is the ambience.
Mahakali Sev Usal have upgraded (its been more than a year – I didnt know about it until recently). They have an additional joint opened nearby to previous one, for the families, where they can sit n enjoy the food.I’d prefer the ‘original’ 😛
22nd Parallel – Next to Puran Singh’s. Nice delicious Authentic South Indian (TN & Karnataka) Cuisines. Try the Neer Dosa & Avial, And definitely the Dosas and Vadas. Crowded almost always – Sometimes you got to be patient.
Rasa at Nidra Hotel is a good Mid-Range restaurent offerin Buffet and A-la-Carte.
Barbeque Inn at Race Course Circle has Emu in their menu. Barbeques have always attracted the crowd.
Rajdhani Restaurent @ Centre Square – Rajasthani Thaali
1. Eggetarian delights @ Raju Omlet, in Karelibaug
2. Chaat at Mirch Masala.
3. Biryani at Millenium Restaurant (Fatheganj & Alkapuri) – Tandoor dishes is also good.
4. Frankies recommended at Frigtemp (Fatheganj, Karelibaug & Old Padra Road)
5. Vishal Sandwich, near Baroda High School in Alkapuri. Try their Samosa Sandwich.
6. Goodies in Fatehganj and Natubhai Circle are favorite hangouts for youngsters apart for their bakery delights & junk food!
7. Kalyan Restaurant, near the Railway station and the Central Bus Station. Here you can get a variety of food choices from Chinese to continental along with Chats, South Indian foods etc. Its a self service restaurant with good quality food.
8. Dairy Den, Sayajigunj area(Near the railway station). This is Baroda’s first ice cream parlor that serves soft cones. You can enjoy a variety of flavors over here.
9. Mahakali Sev Usal Delicious Sev Usal near Kirti Stambh, Old City,Vadodara
10. Vanity – At Sayajigunj near railway station; tasty non-vegetarian food
11. Pooran Singh‘s kababs and parathas near the Barista by the Birds’ Circle at Race Course Road.
12. Nayab at Akota recommended for non-veg fare
14 Only Parathas near to Bird’s Circle offers a wid range of Parathas
15 Aramana Restaurant at Subhanpura for Kerala cuisine (Pure Veg)
1. Hotel Sayaji – Offers buffet at Rs. 250 on weekdays and at Rs. 275 on Sundays. You get non-vegetarian delicacies also. For people who prefer something other than buffet, there is a rooftop restaurant.
2. Havmor in Sayajigunj (Near railway station) & now also at Old Padra Road – Offers excellent variety in non-vegetarian delicacies. Plus they have there own Havmor ice-cream joint outside. Try Cookie Crunch or Coffee flavoured one – they are the ones to fall for.
3. Zaika – Good taste. Recommended for non-vegetarian food. At Old Padra Road
4. Periyaar – Old Padra road, landmark is akshar chowk circle ………The only award winning restaurant of the city and the only place where you get non vegetarian food from South India.
5. Little Italy for excellent Italian Cuisine. (Pure Veg)
6. Buffet Lunch & Dinner at Ginger Hotel Restaurant
1.The Gujarati (veg) Thali, at the Express Hotel (First floor). At 150 Rs, is delicious and exceptional value in delightful surroundings. Opens at 19.30. Recommended by locals.
2. Also try the thali at Kismat dhaba(On the Expressway) in typically rural ambience! Meal for 2 at 100 bucks. Must visit !
3. Sheel – Alkapuri
4. Kansar – Sayajiganj – Near Station
5. Sasuma/Sasuma – Alkapuri
6. Aamantran – Alkapuri
8. Surya Palace – Myra restaurant
1. Barbeque Nation, at Alkapuri(Shreem Shalini Mall) highly recommended for the non-veg fare at the buffet
2. Peshawari, at the Welcomgroup.
3. STIR, at Taj Residency, Vadodara.